Unibody 17'' Anti-Glare vs Glossy Pics?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

A while a go i saw some pics of the anti-glare version.

Any new ones since then or a compilation of pics and possible side by side?

I really want to get an anti-glare but i also like the black bezel glossy version better aesthetics wise and i have a anti-glare external monitor that i use when working so i'm a bit divided.

If anyone care to post some pics that would be awesome!

2. phuong macrumors 6502a

as a photographer i've used matte screens exclusively since forever
    when Apple decided to make 15" unibody all glossy, i had to reconsider what i wanted
    today i went to the Apple store to personally compare the antiglare and glossy screens side by side
    and i couldn't decide
    i felt the antiglare didn't do a good job diffusing the specular highlights this was expected because it's actually a glossy covered with a film. what i didnt expect was that it was so where as good as a true matte screen.
    so i'm leaning a bit towards the glossy for now - probably 55-45.

3. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Where did you see it? So far, no one has reported matte screen on display nor delivery.

4. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Matte is lovely, especially for photography and photo editing and what not?
    I enjoy the Glossy though it gives the physical appearance of the macbook such glass and cleanliness to it.

5. phuong macrumors 6502a

read more careful would you? i checked it at the apple store.
    the overall look is similar to that of the previous generation. to be more specific, the glossy screen surface is like one glass plane with a black border. it's like this black border is part of the screen.
    The antiglare screen on the other hand has a silver-like bezel, and you can actually feel the inner edge. if you have an old generation macbook pro matte screen in front of you, you'd know exactly what i mean.

6. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Somehow, I don't think people are reading this thread in the hope of seeing your description of the old macbook pro.

7. Gloor macrumors 6502a

I did read it carefully and that is why I asked where. (meaning, which store/city)