unibody 2008 MacBook loosing trackpad clicks with Spotify

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kiranmk2, Mar 15, 2011.

1. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

A few months ago I started experiencing loosing clicks on the trackpad of my late 08 unibody MacBook. I can hear the pad click, but ~ 10-15% aren't recognised. At first I thought it was the screw holding the trackpad in place as has been reported numerous times before, but it took me a while to make the connection to what seems to be causing it: Spotify.

With Spotify open, the issue starts appearing within a minute and goes away once the app is closed. I thought it might be heat related, but even with Handbrake going at full pelt I don't experience the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? I assume there was a Spotify update around Christmas as I didn't notice any problems before.

2. kiranmk2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

Just a quick update - I've found out that it is an incompatibility between Spotify and BetterTouchTool which I have installed to enable 3-finger clicks to open links in a new tab (i.e. middle click). Apparently other trackpad software can also give this effect which seems to be based on Spotify stealing focus requiring an initial click to refocus on the current window.

More info here:

http://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/..._leopard_spotify_interferes_with_mouse_clicks