Unibody 2009 Macbook problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SESpy, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Ok, so I have an aluminium aswell but I bought this one too. The polycarbonate one. I threw money away and I am not going to let it be wasted for nothing.
    In my country there is no Apple sStore so I bought this 2009 macbook model
    from a reseller. First I had problems with the charger, they gave me a new one since it wasn't my fault and now I have a new problem. Take a look: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What should I say to the reseller? My Mac is still under warranty.

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

That's bad :) I'd go back to the reseller and ask for another model or your money back. They sold you a product with hidden defects, which is their problem.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

That's a very bad problem, should not be happening at all. If it's an authorized reseller, you should be able to ring up Applecare and explain the situation. They should replace it free of charge, and I recommend you give them a ring before going back to the store - I would trust Apple directly more than the reseller. The warranty you say you have, is it Applecare or specific to the reseller?

4. SESpy thread starter macrumors regular

SESpy

It's specifically from the reseller and I don't think they are an official reseller.
    The warranty from the says if they can't fix it in 30 days I must get a new model. If they try something fishy I am gonna threat with Market Inspection.
    I am a nice person, very tolerant but has gone over the limit. It truly has!

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Then take it to the reseller. It is a major issue and it's just a shame you didn't buy from Apple, as I have no idea what the standard procedure is for you.

6. SESpy thread starter macrumors regular

SESpy