Unibody dragging, drag lock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lordthistle, Apr 1, 2009.

1. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Since I profoundly hate the unibody trackpad click sound, I enabled the dragging and drag lock features.

The clicking has now become very slow. For example, when Espose-ing, if I click on a window, there's a short delay before the screen goes back to its normal state.

This behaviour characterizes every single click I do. Everything goes back to normal when I disable those two drag-related features, when the system does not need to wait for a potential double tap on the trackpad.

How did you solve this issue? Have you just get used to the unresponsiveness of the system?

Thanks.
    thistle

2. peraevum macrumors newbie

lordthistle,

I felt the exact same way and turned on double tapping too. I also noticed that selecting any file took forever for it to open. I'm a new Mac user and not in front of my Macbook Pro right now, but here's what I did, more or less:

In settings/preferences, go to the trackpad preferences. At the top, turn your "double tap speed" (I think that's what it's called) to the fastest setting. Your double tap speed is probably set to the slowest because you may have thought it meant the same thing as the doubleclick speed in Windows. Maxing your double tap speed should fix the problem. Everytime I select a folder in Finder, it pops right up now, without that huge delay.

Hope this helps...

3. lordthistle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already done that, I still feel the difference. I will need to get used.

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...after using electrostatic mouse pads on all my laptops for years, I had trouble getting used to the "glass pad" on the UMB's when trying them out in stores so I'm glad they still offer the "regular" whitebook...