Unibody LED screen flicker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by genexrocket, Oct 25, 2008.

1. genexrocket macrumors regular

Does anyone else have this problem? My screen seems to have the flickering problem when the brightness is turned down one notch below full brightness. I've read that the previous mbp gen had the same problem and was fixed with a software update. Could this be the same case with the unibody mbp? Should I wait, or exchange my mbp? (for the 3rd freakin time)

2. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

NEWBIE SPAM! You have a thread about this on the top of the page. Stop posting new threads.

3. genexrocket thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, that's cause no one's answering, can someone at least answer it? Geeze, what's up with this forum? Out of all the forums I've been to, this one takes the cake for being the least helpful...

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Hmmmm.... Insult the forums=very little assistance.

5. thekjs88 macrumors member

Had the same problem. If I'm going to spend three grand on something, it should be perfect in every way.

Needless to say, they're sending me a new one :) If it happens again though, I will take it to get fixed. Call sooner rather than later.

6. itcomic macrumors member

yes, it happens to certain people as well. You can return it and get it exchange/fix or send them feedback and complain . Check my post for feedback link .

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=588945

7. Atomic Ed macrumors regular

Actually I spent alot of time multiple trips to the Apple store examining the new MBP screens and so far I have'nt seen a single one with flicker.

8. genexrocket thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, thanks for the replies, do you think that this could be fixed through a software update (like the previous gen's LED screen)? I really don't feel like making a 3rd trip to the apple store to get my 3rd replacement mbp..

9. Cerniuk macrumors newbie