Unibody Macbook 13" Video Card GOING CRAZY!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jamski, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jamski macrumors newbie

Ok guys, this is the third time this has happened to me. I have a 13" Unibody Macbook. 2.4 with 4gb of RAM. Im running 10.5.7. I will be working on my macbook when all of a sudden my system freezes and starts making a extremely loud screeching sound. The display gets scrambled and shows lines going throughout my desktop. I have managed to capture this on video. Has anyone ever seen this before? Should I take it in? Thanks. Here is the vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCnGhbIzrY

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If a PRAM reset doesn't fix things, yeah....you should take it in.

That would be the first thing I would do :eek:

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I had to turn my volume down. I'd take it in!

4. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

5. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

Dude, that's nuts. Any info on how hot it is or how fast the fans are running at the time? If the mac is sluggish or anything just before it happens? Can you recreate it, or is it random?

Oh and btw, go Bears!

EDIT: one more, does it only happen while plugged in to the external display??

6. jamski thread starter macrumors newbie

Its only happened 3 times very very random. I dont notice anything wrong with it. There is no way to check the fans or the temp because I never know when its going to happen. one thing is, yes, it does only happen when I have an external display plugged in. Im just going to take it in this weekend.
    GO BEARS!!

7. runandsurf09 macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problem with mine. Took it to the genius bar and they said they saw nothing wrong with it and that I would have to send it in for further test, but couldn't at the time since I need it for school. Restarting fixes the problem for a while, make your you save your work.

8. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

They will blame your external display.........