Unibody Macbook + 24" Samsung LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TurboPhill, Oct 15, 2009.

1. TurboPhill macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I have a problem with my new external monitor.

I purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 2443 BW Plus and an Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adaptor (Single Link) in the hopes of using this monitor with my late '08 13" Unibody MacBook (before they renamed them MacBook Pro's).

It displays an image fine but the resolution seems to be capped at 1280 x 800.

My monitor has a max/native resolution of 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hertz which is supported by single-link DVI.

Any ideas how i can get it to display at 1920 x 1200?

Im running Snow Leopard 10.6.1 with all the latest updates if it helps. I have also attached a screen shot of my display preferences.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

+1.

On the screen you have both the options for the MacBook LCD and the Samsung television, a giveaway that you have Mirroring turned on. In the Arrangement tab at the top of the screen, deselect the Mirroring tick box. You will then be graced by both screens refreshing, and the Samsung options box should move onto the Samsung screen. You can then select it's native resolution from the list.

4. TurboPhill thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, both of you. It was on mirroring yes. Now i have my Samsung at 1920 x 1200 :)

Just one more question if i can. Is there a way i can set it so my Samsung is my 'main' display so it shows the menu bar, dock, etc, and be able to close the lid on my MacBook so its own display shuts off but doesn't put my computer to sleep?

Thank you again!

5. TurboPhill thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind, I found an Apple support article :)

Cheers.

PS: New display looks great :D