unibody MacBook backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by indisguise, Nov 21, 2009.

1. indisguise macrumors member

the other day i awoke my Macbook from sleep to find that the screen backlight was turned off and I couldn't use the keys on the keyboard to turn it up. After I restarted the mac the backlight was on, but i cant lower it or raise it using the keyboard and the screen brightness slider is missing from the display preferences. Also if the computer goes to sleep the same thing happens when it wakes. Any ideas on what the problem can be? This started happening while I had 10.6.1, then after I updated to 10.6.2 I still have the problem

2. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I hope they fix this as I have the same issue on my Mac Pro, no brightness control nor F1 and F2 keys brightness function.

I have trawled the net for a fix with no luck, just found others with the same issue.

I assume Apple are aware of this issue ?

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

4. indisguise thread starter macrumors member

I did try resetting the PRAM. No luck. Now some sometimes when I restart the backlights flash at the gray screen and turn off and i have to restart it a couple times before they come back on and then its back to the no control over brightness/wont come back after sleep situation