Unibody MacBook Battery Health

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by åidån, Jun 16, 2009.

1. åidån Guest

New Zealand
    Hey All.

I'm not entirely sure what the charge capacity of my battery was out of the factory, however after a few charges it went up to around 4300 mAh. Over the last 10 cycles I guess (battery has 12 cycles on it in total) this has decreased to about 4250 mAh. This I would take as normal.

However last night, around 10:30pm, I put my MacBook to sleep, and woke it up today at 5pm. In the 18.5 hrs it's been asleep, the rated output has decreased to 3808 mAh, that's down to 93% health!

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is my battery damned? I've taken the health reading from iStat and the charge capacity from.

Cheers all for any help you can supply!

Aidan.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

3. åidån Guest

New Zealand
    Well I'm in the process of calibrating my battery and this is where it's at at the moment;

[​IMG]

What would be made of this?

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

5. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I wouldnt really worry. My new whitebook was at 93 health after like 2 days. Calibrating it did nothing then randumly after charging it one night it went back to 100 and now its down at 96 and was at 94 earlier. Most people said theirs goes up and down all the time and i think this is the case. You shouldnt worry unless it goes under 80 %

6. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

don't feel bad. :eek: I just checked mine on my coconut battery app... :(

mine is at 4176 mAh... :eek:

CrackBookPro:cool:

Attached Files:

7. MedHead macrumors regular

So the other day right I checked my battery on iStat and I FREAKED OUT coz my battery health had dropped to 97% after 80ish cycles!!!

Which I know, in retrospect, is not a big deal. I calibrated the battery and KABLAMO its at 100% again. I realised that my family had been using it off battery a lot more than I would normally. Quick explanation to them about not cycling it and hopefully my battery is gonna stay nice and healthy.

8. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I wouldn't worry my battery health percentage jumps around all the time. It seems like the capacity of the battery gradually decreases but also changes around a lot on a day to day basis.

9. jugeen macrumors newbie

My MB's battery health is only 37% after 187 cycles. :( I've tried to calibrate it but doesn't help.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Time to make a warranty claim on that sucker!