Unibody Macbook battery :( is it right?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Well I've had the macbook for about... almost 5 months now (got it on June 2...4 days before the new pro's) and it's already at 208 cycles and it's at 4306 max capacity, which is just 6 above from the original (4300) and it's sort of scary because the max I had on this used to be 4552 (my record!) and now it's down, and with so many cycles!

I'm scared because my last macbook battery died on me and (with a lot of trouble) I finally got a copy of my receipt on the last day of the warranty and got it exchanged (though the cycle count I wasn't sure about) and now I left my new unibody macbooks receipt at my dads house (who I am not seeing anymore because of family issues) and I for sure can't go there to get it back...so if anything happens to my macbook I'm screwed (especially since this was a gift with his friends credit card cough*) so I can't get the receipt the way I did last time...

Help :(?

The problem is basically, will this battery last? I mean I usually take my computer off of charge every once in a while (a few times a week) but I try to slow that down now to reduce charge cycles, and I go on windows a lot so I can't check the battery info the way coconut battery does too...

Err...

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

This doesn't indicate a problem to me. It's just the natural degradation that occurs when you use it a lot.
    My old MB battery also died on me one day, but that had nothing to do with cycle counts or the capacity, it was just one of the bad batteries from that batch - guessing same batch as you.

3. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Agree with tofagerl. Those battery stats sound normal, and very acceptable.