Unibody macbook (buying a used one)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pyroo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. pyroo macrumors member

Hi, I am about to buy a used macbook and I live near an apple store, would I be able to go there and ask them for a record of repairs? I don't want to buy a machine that has failed so many times, thanks for reading the question!

2. jasonh427 macrumors newbie

check if it is still on warranty, if not it will be really expensive to fix

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

There's so many machines out there that it would be impossible to log repairs for each machine, I think, and what if they went to a different Apple store for the repairs? I don't think that's very likely that there are records.

Yeah, Apple will cover the cost if it's under warranty. If it isn't, it's going to come out of your own pocket.

4. hamlin macrumors regular

Buy a refurbished one from the apple store, Apple gives you a one year warrenty with it and you save a bundle!

5. pyroo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll play it safe and buy a refurbished MacBook instead.

6. kwood72 macrumors newbie

I purchased a refurb MacBook from the Apple online store in July for $759.00, and it works and looks like a new machine.

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, often pretty much everything has been replaced, so it's pretty much a new computer. They're a nice option.