Unibody Macbook Dreaded Touchpad!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tylerdurden9, Jul 13, 2009.

1. tylerdurden9 macrumors member

So Ive had my new macbook pro for a few months after my previous two where crippled with problems. Then last week my trackpad began acting up!

I noticed it felt loose and would move around as you tracked along it with your finger, then yesterday it started to intermittently register my clicks. Similar to the original trackpad problems the Macbooks had, but worse as ive installed the update months ago and Im only getting this problem now! Basically if i want to click something, I have to click about 7 times or else press ridiculously hard on the trackpad?

My question to the genius' out there, is there any fix for this aggravating problem? Would apple consider this a large enough problem to fix, considering Im on my 3rd laptop? I dont believe this being to fussy, as having to click 8 times just to open safari gets old very quickly!

Any help much appreciated as always guys.

Cheers

2. 5280m macrumors member

Have you checked software update? I remember right after the unibody macbooks came out there was a trackpad firmware update for issues like you are describing.

3. tylerdurden9 thread starter macrumors member

Yes unfortunately I have. I never even experienced trackpad problems but installed the update anyway when it was released. Now its acting up and im worried there wont be another fix, what else is there i can do??

4. lavinci macrumors 6502

You can always try to set up an Apple Genius appointment or call Apple for over the phone help.

5. fpnc macrumors 68000

There is a mechanical adjustment for the trackpad click. You may just have a loose retainer for the trackpad adjustment. If you feel relatively brave you can try to adjust it yourself. Google for instructions on how to adjust the feel of the trackpad's physical click. However, since it's still under warranty I'd just have Apple look at it.