Unibody Macbook in white?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mark2000, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Seems to me the Pro and Consumer line could have used *something* to differentiate them from one another. Apple's standalone keyboards are oddly in white, even though the displays they go with are black trimmed. I was wondering, and please excuse my 5 minute photochop, if it would have been better if the unibody MB have come in aluminum and white rather than black, like the desktop keayboards. I miss the white macbooks and white looks as good with metal as black (witness the ipod/white iphone).

Attached Files:

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

hmmm my dad misses the white macs. I think they just look dated now.

i agree something should differentiate the line but maybe something else rather than that.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

that does nothing for me...
    I LOVE the silver/black theme

4. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

colorwarepc.com

if you're that nostalgic/rich

:)

5. Colin0317 macrumors member

An all black Unibody Macbook would look awesome! :D

6. Crash1234 macrumors regular

I think the silver/white looks kinda tacky. I do really like the silver and black look although many don't. The only qualm I might have is that it does very closely resemble the look/color scheme of a lot of pc notebooks. Yes, the mac is more streamlined and has that sexy factor, but it's still quite similar.

7. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

The reason why you think they look dated is because of the new alum. macbooks... if they had introduced a unibody white one like the one above then the white macbooks wouldnt look so dated.

The same was said about the white iPhone...

8. macJC50640 macrumors regular

I like white...

I like the clean look of an all white computer. I use my snow iBook G3 daily and I like the design. :) I plan on getting a unibody MacBook, though. :cool:

9. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

The snow iMacs look a little dated next to the aluminum ones, imo... but that could just be because I'm used to seeing a 20" G5 iMac dwarfed by two 24" aluminum ones.

I think the white MacBooks still look great, and would go positively head-over-heels for a black aluminum one. But I don't think Apple will do it... IIRC, one of the things Steve said at the intro was they went to aluminum because people wanted their MBs to look like the Pro.

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I like the MacBook the way it is, it matches my iMac.

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

You're correct to an extent. Steve said they "wanted an aluminum housing like the Pros" but he never said anything about having black anodized aluminum. That would be so awesome, but I would hate it if they actually did make it, because I already have my aluminum one, and I don't want it to make me jealous :p

12. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

I would love to see colored aluminium macbooks! Like the ipod nanos... But if they made them in white I would buy that in a heart beat!

13. svndmvn Guest

my opinions on the whole thing:
    the aluminum bezel on the matte 17" looks dated and out of place
    white painted glass would look bad, one of the reasons the top of the white iPhone is black, especially since when it's off it's all pretty black.
    white backlit keys look bad, a Macrumors user modded his MBA that way.
    I've had a white macbook and right now it looks to me as outdated as iBooks were to my eyes when I had a Macbook.
    nonetheless, any Apple Notebook of any generation still looks cool compared to what the competition usually offers and Apple is good at making people not feel that bad they bought an almost outdated product a month before there was a new one. I also have an iPod mini and a nano(1st gen), do I feel they look outdated? the mini is thick but that's ok since it has a HDD, and the nano still looks good, IMO, especially since black. I don't feel bad when I have that and an iPhone 3g(black) on my desk.

14. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

The unibody Macbooks are great looking machines, but I think it's a bit premature to call the all-white macbooks 'dated'. I still think that the all-white Macbooks are impressive looking machines, they have a certain unique quality which the unibody Macbook loses. However, the unibodies are more durable by far, will collect less dirt and therefore have more longevity.

15. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I do like the black and aluminium look, but my wireless keyboard looks fit with the silver and white, and so does the white apple logo on my aluminium macbook. I find it hard to imagine a macbook with white keys and bezel, but I think it would be pretty swish.

16. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

White is a "okay" color for Apple Computers, but I personally do not think white/silver uni-body, would look well together. That may be one of the reasons why Apple left the white MacBook "as is".

The old MacBook Pro's looked very nice, and I think it would look better if Apple had an option while purchasing "black/silver" or "silver/silver". :rolleyes::)

17. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I don't think white keys would look right on the aluminum frame and I like the white iPhone a lot.

18. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

The white iphone does look great (it's just the only apple product I'm completely disinterested in!). But do you know what I really miss? White ipods! I loved the white ipods, I thought they oozed class, and I was really disappointed not to see them produce one in the new range. I'm really hoping that they bring it back in, sleeker even than before!

Hacksaw

19. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

So what do you think about the keyboard with your iMac that probably has white keys?

20. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

But it's kinda true :rolleyes:

21. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

If you really want a white MacBook, Colorware can do it for you. Of course, it comes with a hefty pricetag ($500 I believe)

22. yoppie macrumors 6502a

23. youssefm macrumors 6502

i would like maybe a tiny bit glossier aluminum and a white keyboard/bezel

24. Crash1234 macrumors regular

I still think the white iphone looks tacky...

25. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I would've bought it in white/aluminum if it was available for sure.