Unibody Macbook needs another battery replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bjgpp, Jul 10, 2011.

1. bjgpp macrumors member

I have now gone through my 4th battery in the past year, 5th since 2009. I am a student and use my computer a lot on battery power and I am really starting to get ticked off at this constant issue. Every battery I have had has died before 50 cycles except for the battery that came with the computer when I bought it (lasted 250 cycles).

Here is my current battery info:

Model Information:
    Manufacturer: SMP
    Pack Lot Code: 0000
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 002a
    Hardware Revision: 000a
    Cell Revision: 0100
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 0
    Fully charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 0
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 31
    Condition: Replace Now
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 0
    Voltage (mV): 12509

My question is why does my Late 2009 unibody macbook burn through so many batteries? Could this be a problem with my macbook that it keeps ruining batteries? My Applecare ends this December, so it is still under warranty.:cool:

Thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The battery's own warranty should renew (1-year) every time it is replaced regardless of your AppleCare status.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

With that sort of problem, Apple will continue to replace the batteries, as they are supposed to get way more cycles than that. I'd talk to them though, there could be a reason why it's eating batteries like that, as it is not normal for so many to go bad so fast. They would probably be willing to take a look at it

4. bjgpp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that is what I am planning to do. I just made my appointment. Thanks for the input. I didn't know if anybody else has had this issue so I thought i'd ask!