unibody macbook or macbook air, which to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by d94, Feb 27, 2009.

1. d94 macrumors member

debating which to buy..i have two deals
    1. 2ghz macbook unibody 1 week old - 51 weeks remaining on warrenty w/box everything + receipt 1k USD
    2. macbook air 1.6ghz 49 weeks old - 3 weeks remaining on warrenty w/box everything $875 USD

this will be my primary laptop as ill be getting rid of my dell xps m1330 2.5ghz fully loaded machine. i use my machine for web browsing, burning dvds, chatting, dreamweaver and school. i understand the air is not much of a power machine but thats why im asking here! either one i buy, ill get the applecare for $125 off ebay :D
    both deals are ofcourse legit and local

2. PC2MAC16 macrumors newbie

1 vote for Macbook; it's a newer machine and price is reasonable. And perhaps the power is probably on par or better than XPS 1330. I recently purchased the MB over the Air, so I might a bit biased here :)

3. OnceBitten macrumors member

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

The first option without a doubt - macbook unibody.

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

def. macbook.. the rev. a macbook airs are horrible, they lock up and the graphics arent good.. the macbook is newer, and it looks nicer (just not as thin ) and its specs are better.. just an overall better buy for someone like me, so thats my opinion

6. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Macbook. If only for the reason that it trumps the Air in processing power. Judging by what you will be doing with it, the Air may hold you back.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The Air, while having a slower processor, has twice the L2 Cache which means that its a LOT faster than just the processor speed would make you believe.

That being said, I would not buy a Rev A Air for a primary machine as it had some significant issues. I would buy a Rev B Air as a primary machine though.

8. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

The MBA doesn't really seem worth it to me. The new unibody MacBooks are pretty thin and light for portability, much cheaper, and twice the machine of the Air.

9. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

What you said you would be using it for I suggest the Unibody MacBook.

10. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

11. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

The Air would also put a hold on your DVD burning... :)