UniBody MacBook Pro 15" safari scroll and flash video

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMoment, Apr 5, 2009.

1. MacMoment macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm really glad with my new MacBook Pro 15", got it like 2 months now. But I got this weird problem while scrolling the web and watching flash-video's.

Flash video
    When I look at the SWF-files, like YouTube, I get these blank or white flashes and flickering in the files self. Not the entire screen, only the flashfiles flicker.
    I tried already to install a new flashplayer, but that didn't solve the problem.
    It happens both in Safari and Firefox!

Safari scrolling
    This is a weird problem, when I scroll in Safari with my trackpad and I do it very quick, it seems the Mac can't get up with the rendering of the page or something like that. See screenshot!
    [​IMG]

Maybe you guys/girls have the same problems? Any solution perhaps?

2. MacMoment thread starter macrumors newbie

3. amorican macrumors member

amorican

My penryn MBP had the same problems in youtube etc... videos, among other problems, including screen tearing as your screenshot shows, and my GPU was bad resutling in a logic board replacement. It still has white artifacts in flash videos when I zoom in on them, but besides that is fine now.

Maybe you should make an appt. at an apple store? Good luck.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I read the entire thread and started to freak because my Safari does the same sort of thing - then I realised you said it does it in Firefox; mine doesn't, Safari pissed me off that much that I switched to FF and have had no problems thus far. Plus in Safari it's more of just a little bit of 'shimmering' as I scroll (if that makes sense, as opposed to actual tearing like your screenshot)...trackpad only though, doesn't do it with the mouse...

Hope you sort it all out :)

5. Ploki macrumors 68010

6. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

It's a common problem. Many threads has been made on this topic. The best solution is to get a dell.