Unibody MacBook Pro 17" touchpad stopped

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coloradodoug, Apr 16, 2010.

1. coloradodoug macrumors newbie

Touchpad was working fine until yesterdays update. Not sure if there is a connection. The only aspect of the touchpad that works in the bottom right "right" mouse click. Same symptoms on external mouse as well. Booting into bootcamp windows 7 works just fine.

So what would cause the touchpad to stop funtioning in MAC running the latest snow leapard build with updates?

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

3. coloradodoug thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Dont know if it is related, but i bought the new 17" core i5 macbook pro yesterday. I got it home, set it up and updated it. The bottom right corner of the trackpad was sketchy. Clicks in that area wouldnt register. I took it back to apple today and they automatically replaced it after the tech found the same thing i found. So i get a new machine, take it home and set it up again and update it again and now my bottom right corner of the trackpad works intermittently. UHG so annoyed. 2 laptops in a row with sketchy trackpads. Guess im going back for round 3.

5. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Anyone else having this problem?

6. Amnak macrumors 6502

I am but not necessarily just the right corner the hole thing... i reset my computer and it works again for now... sounds like software.