Unibody Macbook Pro Install Disc Download

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mongoose8p, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mongoose8p macrumors regular

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could download the install discs for the new unibody macbook pro. I think I lost mine and I had no idea that you couldn't use for instance, the leopard disc as a boot disc. Anyone have any ideas where I could get it? Can't find it on bittorent.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You can't download them. You'll have to order one from Apple or drop by the store you bought it from and see if they'll give you one.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

You can use the leopard disc as a boot disc*, hold down c as your mac boots up...

*Unless it's an earlier version than what shipped with your mac, as it won't have the correct drivers.

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Well duh. As the poster is asking about a NEW unibody MBP, then of course the retail Leopard discs won't work. The current retail discs aren't as new as the MBPs.

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

does anyone else ever get suspicious when people claim to have "lost" their disks? i always do.:rolleyes:

6. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

It doesn't matter since the discs won't work on any other laptop but the one it's built for since it only has drivers specifically..

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

yeah, lost it in 4 weeks?

8. LastZion macrumors 6502a

lets give him a break, I've lost mine, I have 2 macbooks and 2 older macbook pro ones but not my new unibody one

9. belvdr macrumors 603

Yeah, and since the last release, it seems there's been a heightened losing spree.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The new MB, MB Air, and MBP all seem to have some special release of Leopard. I believe it has to do with the new gestures. So no, you can't just use some retail copy of leopard afaik.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

yea i still have my 4 year old vintage iBook G4 discs... this is suspicious...

12. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Mostly has to do with the new chipset..

13. mongoose8p thread starter macrumors regular

oh yea... soooo suspicious.... most people don't care about those discs because you can normally just use the leopard boot disc/install disc I didn't think twice about storing the discs anywhere special... guess i'll have to go to Apple Store and ask for one. You guys are so like anti-piracy its unbelievable. Who cares if I lost the disc I'm just asking if anyone knows where I can get one without the hassle of going to Apple, so RELAX.

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I think what raised a flag about how genuine your post is, is that you mentioned that you couldn't find anywhere to download it on Bittorrent. Discussion of piracy is against the forum rules here and it did seem a bit odd that you lost your discs so soon, the new Macbook Pro was released a month ago.
    You should keep your box and keep your discs inside them. I've never lost any of my install discs, it's not common for people to lose their install discs.

Just contact Apple and they will ask for your Mac's serial number and they will ship you another set of restore discs.

15. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

Also, the retail Leopard isn't going to have your iLife applications, so unless you have a separate retail copy of that it is dumb to not keep track of your original install disks.

16. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

another red flag. he doesn't want to go through the hassle of contacting Apple for replacements. he would rather try and download them illegally. good luck goof ball.

17. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

i think most people like to keep track of all their disk dude. just call apple if you have nothing to worry about.

18. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

"I found a MacBook pro yesterday but it has someone elses **** on it an it didn't come with the install disc. What should I do?v?v???"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.