Unibody MacBook Pro Late 2008: Left speaker quieter than right?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by irchs, Sep 4, 2009.

1. irchs macrumors newbie

Hello all!

Anyone with a Unibody MacBook Pro Late 2008, is your left speaker quieter than the right? Kinda distracting. I have the speaker balance set dead in the middle, and the same can be heard in Boot Camp too...

You can feel more vibration in the chassis on the right hand side of the unit too, hardly feel anything out the left hand side....

Anyone else with this phenomenon?

2. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

Somewhere I heard that the subwoofer is placed on one side and one side only. Which side escapes me but I would assume on the right.

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I just got a late 2008 UMBP and notice the same thing!

4. irchs thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, I have not noticed how right-panned my sound was until now... I have played plenty of music through the speakers before and noticed a much fuller sound... now I get a heavily right-panned not as bassy sound than before... :( One for the Apple Geniuses perhaps?

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The mid-range enhancing third speaker is on the right hand side.

6. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

Have a unibody MBP 13.3 that was just delivered today, same thing...
    Googled and found a couple threads with people noticing the same thing, although not a lot of people reporting it. It sounds like the laptop has one center speaker and one right speaker, or two right speakers.

Anyone take this to get looked at? Are the ones in the Apple Store the same? The closest one is a little far for me to check.

7. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

Just got back from my local Apple Store, tested all the 13s, half had the skewed speakers, half didn't. I'm bringing mine to the Genius Bar tomorrow.

8. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Just for the record, mine sound even. I have an idea to fix your speaker balance: Move to slider to give more sound to the left. That way, you'll have equal sound:). That should fix it:apple::apple: