unibody macbook pro power/burn down itself after a smell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kwl1226, Apr 1, 2009.

1. kwl1226 macrumors newbie

Ok it is not an April fool joke it is real. I will say more detail in the morning i use it via batteries is fine. After that when I reach home about 4 plus 5 I started to use my macbook pro unibody 2.4GHz using 9400m via batteries. Using for about an hour’s just to surf net and out of a sudden it just ‘pop’ and the spark come and follow by the heavy burn smell.
    Thereafter I call apple and they ask for my s/n number and i can turn on my macbook pro :(.
    But I can’t see any burn mark but for sure under the case inside the body is sure a back mass :(

anyone face it my is only 3 months old as today

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you did hear a "pop" and smelled burning, Apple will seriously take a look at it. Apple is really big on safety. Do you have an Apple Store nearby? Might be a good idea to have the Genius Bar take a look at it. I don't see why anyone would lie about their computer "burning". If you need to turn the computer on (which I don't recommend to actually use), I would backup my files ASAP.

3. kwl1226 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can event on as i did call apple inc about it and at 1st the ask for my s/n then i told them how to tell when i my macbook pro can even on and i told then the case and the ask me to go HQ in the morning later