Unibody macbook pro speaker noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryanvsrobots, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ryanvsrobots macrumors member

every so often my macbook pro will emit a very strange noise coming from the speakers. it goes with the volume bar so i know it is coming from the speakers and not from the mechanical parts.

the stranger part of this problem is that if i plug in external speakers, it is emitted from those speakers. i don't have anything weird running; the only 3rd party apps on right now are adium, utorrent, and firefox. I also cannot re-create it it just happens every now and then. a restart usually fixes it too.

what could be the cause of this?

here is a youtube video of the noise, it actually has more bass than it sounds like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1cefTrm6pA

BTW this is NOT the same thing as the speaker rattle in the other thread. this is when no programs are making any noise.

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

it happens with all the new unibody pro's 15" that is. From the right speaker, soon enough apple will have something to correct it Im sure. Or just go back to apple and complain and get the macbook....if its that serious

3. ryanvsrobots thread starter macrumors member

this is a different problem, coming from both speakers, in addition to other speakers.

4. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

ooooh its coming from both speakers? hmm havent heard of that one yet.
    Have you taken it to apple yet?
    This has been a popular problem, yet nobody has taken it to apple. I would like to see what they would do about this. I wonder if they would give you a notebook that isn't rattling with speakers or if they would have a technician fix it

5. ryanvsrobots thread starter macrumors member

well the nearest apple store is 2 hours away and I can't recreate it. it just happens sometimes.

please note THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE SPEAKER RATTLING PROBLEM. THIS HAPPENS WHEN NO PROGRAMS ARE MAKING NOISE, AND HAPPENS THROUGH EXTERNAL SPEAKERS.

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253