Unibody Macbook Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RQPS, Dec 27, 2008.

1. RQPS macrumors regular

RQPS

I just got my a new aluminum macbook for christmas and I cycled the battery for the first time yesterday. Once the battery fully drained my macbook went to sleep like normal but when I plugged it in to charge it did not start back up right away. Eventually I hit the power button thinking it was off but it came back on and displayed loading bars across the screen. I was testing to see if this would happen again today and it did.

On my old ibook when it went to sleep it would wake back up as soon as it was plugged in to a power source. Is this something new on the aluminum macbooks? Please let me know if this is common or if anyone else is experiencing this. Thanks!

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

This is exactly the same as my late 2006 MacBooks behavior, I'd consider it normal.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's a different behavior when the battery runs completely out, than when you put it to sleep yourself. Nothing to worry about.

4. RQPS thread starter macrumors regular

RQPS

So when the battery on a aluminum macbook runs out you have to tap the power button to wake it up. Thanks cause I like to cycle my battery every once in a while and was worried I was doing something wrong.

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

yeah, its on in a hibernate type sleep, so you need to press the power button.. dont worry lol

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

yup, do that about once a month or so..