Unibody MacBook Screen Creaks When Opening/Closing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahjjones, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ahjjones Guest

Lately my MacBook screen has been creaking when opening and closing it. What's the deal? I have a cheap $300 NetBook that doesn't do anything remotely like this. What can I do to fix this? I'm afraid the entire hinge will snap sooner or later and we know how big a hassle that can be.
    Thanks,
    AJ
    :apple:

2. fraser1980 macrumors member

Mine used to do this. I completely forgot about this until I read this post. Just tried opening and closing the lid at various speeds to see if it still happens and.... nothing. Seems it has grown out of it. Can't remember exactly how long I've had it but its somewhere in the range of 9-12 months

3. zbasarab macrumors member

seriously dude, I don't mean to be rude, but get over it. why do people have to nitpick at something. nothing is ever perfect no matter how much you spend on it. this is the real world. if it really bothers you put some wd-40 on the hinges.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

bust open the bottom cover and see if you can see the hinge.

5. oxox-cocoa-oxox macrumors newbie

mine does the same thing too!!! it happened to me a couple of times, but it seems that it stopped recently... *ponders* anyways, i think it'll go away after a while?? =)

6. Stiss macrumors 6502a

Mine also has been doing this. It's not just a creak, it actually has to be forced shut and makes a clicking noise. Not good, might take it back actually.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Happens to me too. It's actually really annoying because it's very loud, but I refuse to (and can't) be without my laptop for more than a day.

8. ahjjones thread starter Guest

Not to be rude but if you don't have anything constructive to add don't bother posting. You're just wasting every ones time. I paid a premium for my MacBook and should in turn get a premium notebook. This is completely unacceptable. I just know that at some point my screen is going to crack. This is only the beginning.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Take it back. Apple will fix that for you. They've done it for friends of mine no problem.