Unibody Macbook Screen Flickering...o.O?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CSilver, May 13, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Hi, I have searched on Google but I didn't get a clear answer to my question.

It first started while I was using VMware running windows XP.

But now its happening in OS X as well... Its very annoying... I tried to lower and raised the brightness and sometimes the flickering went away but not all the time...

Is this something I should be worry about and take it to the Apple store??

P.S. its 2.0GHz model/Refurb/purchased in Jan

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yes, it is something you should worry about, and yes, you should take it in.

3. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I would of taken it in right away if it was doing it constantly... But the thing is it just does it one in a while... I don't know how I can tell the people at Apple or even prove something is wrong with my Macbook. Thank you for your reply;D

4. DPB17 macrumors 6502

They will just have to take your word for it if it doesn't happen in the store, but really they usually do take them in for service if you are convinced there is a problem.

5. apatel87 macrumors regular

I had this problem with my first macbook (late 06) and the problem was with the inverter. The first time I took to Apple the problem was replicated and there wasn't any problem. However, the issue came back, just less frequently. I was not able to replicate the problem but Apple gladly did it again. I am pretty sure it is a problem with the inverter but it seems odd because I have not heard of that problem plaguing the new macbooks.

6. Milfette macrumors newbie

Milfette

I got mine in april and i have the SAME problem. I know that when i take it in it will not do it, because its so random and has nothing to do with screen brightness but it is getting more frequent. Used to be once a week now its daily

7. DPB17 macrumors 6502

Yeah I haven't heard about any issues with the new MacBook screens.

8. tongteh macrumors 6502

i have got the same issue, and i was told that its a inverter fault.

9. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright... I should be more concerned about this problem now I guess...

I am just surprised why the LED screen is doing this cause I too did hear that this problem was pretty much solved using LED screen....

Do I need to call the Apple customer Service or just take it to the store??
    I bought it online... Is this something I should make an appointment to get it checked?

Thanks again~
    -Chris-