Unibody MacBook screen tilt angle

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by marvel2, Jan 28, 2009.

1. marvel2 macrumors 6502

How far can you tilt the screen back on the new unibody macbooks? Can you tilt it back further than the previous generation plastic macbooks? I have current generation macbook with me right now, so a comparison between the two would be helpful. Pictures would be great. TIA

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I know it can tilt further than the previous generation MBP, if thats helpful to you idk.

3. goldfronts macrumors member

It tilts about an inch or two further than the white Macbook's screen

4. marvel2 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that the new macbook pro's can tilt further back than the previous generation mbp's, thanks. I'm wondering if the new unibody macbooks can tilt further back than the previous gen plastic macbooks. I played with one in the store, but was unable to put both side by side.

Hmmm....it's hard to imagine an inch or two more of adjustability. Maybe measurements in degrees. Pics would be great.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

pythagorean theorum that bitch:p

6. goldfronts macrumors member

I sold my white Macbook a few months ago so I can't provide any pictures of the two side by side. The unibody Macbook's screen tilts considerably farther down, though. Or at least mine does

7. marvel2 thread starter macrumors 6502

lulz....I'm hoping it tilts at least another 5 degrees further down than the previous generation.

Thanks for the input guys, but if anyone has good comparison pics, post them up.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If its 1-2 inches then its deffinatly at least 5 degrees.

9. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

now thats rediculous it's called a laptop, leanovertoseethescreentop

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

we are talking 1-2 inches more in screen travel from the top of the screen.

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Non-unibody MBs and MBP have the same display mounts so the angle they tilted is the same.

Unibodys are the same too.

12. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If when the LCD is closed equates to 0 degrees, then when open to its maximum point, mine reaches about 135 degrees, perhaps a little more. I don't know how that compares to previous models.

13. techster82 macrumors member

I had a problem with my previous generation Macbook Pro not tilting far enough back. I would have my lazy butt in bed some mornings or evenings and reach for my laptop. With my legs in a bent position with the laptop on top of them, the screen position was horrible as I needed it to tilt backwards a couple of inches more. That isn't the case with my new Macbook (unibody) and I can finally be lazy in peace. That by itself warranted an upgrade for me.

-Clay

14. amirfr macrumors newbie