Unibody Macbook (Space between glass trackpad and enclosure)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by southernbear78, Jul 28, 2009.

1. southernbear78 macrumors newbie

I didn't have a chance to take a picture, but I can take one when I get home if needed.

I never noticed this before, until I recently compared it to another Macbook, but my glass trackpad has a different feel, and unlike the other unibody macbook, the trackpad is not flush with the enclosure, and there is a small space on the left side, and an even smaller space on the right side.

I don't want to take it into the store, if this is something that is normal, or within spec. Aside from this issue, the trackpad works without issue and everything else is great.

The Macbook is a late 2008 unibody.

I am not sure if you can tell from the below image, but you can see the separation on the left side (and top) of the glass trackpad. It looks like a shadow, but it is not. Compared to the bottom, it should look that way. The left side is exactly like the bottom (maybe some slight separation).

Attached Files:

2. guneves macrumors newbie

3. Apple all life macrumors 6502

Give us a picture but he said trackpad so I dont think it will be the screen.

4. guneves macrumors newbie

I see

It is minimal, but I can see a difference.
    You said "the feel" of it is different, so I imagine it has some usability problems on it?

I never heard of anything like this before, so you should probably bring the macbook to an Apple Store so they can check it for you.

I am also attaching some image of my trackpad so you can compare with yours.

hope this helps,
    cheers!

Attached Files:

5. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Maybe the trackpad just needs to be pushed back up because it has been dislodged slightly. You would need to open up the bottom to do this, so have Apple look at it.

6. guneves macrumors newbie

Sorry to revive such an old thread. But the thing is that I had that problem for more than an year and then realised that my problem was actually the battery, which was "pregnant" (bulging) and it was pushing the trackpad from the inside. Maybe someone else has the same problem... take the battery out and test it.

BTW, my battery was replaced for free, since they made a recall on that model (it was years after my warranty expired).

Cheers!