Unibody Macbook trackpad "button" area not responsive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Blueyo, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Blueyo macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have a question about the trackpad on my unibody macbook with the bad screen sadly :(. Is the "button" area of the trackpad (where the button would be) suppose to be unresponsive to movements, for example, when I move slowly along the button area, my mouse curser does not move at all while any movement in the middle is registered with high sensitivity. It only starts to register when I move towards to middle of the trackpad or quickly along the button. However, three and four finger gestures work perfectly along the button area. I have also notice that the corners of the trackpad are also unresponsive to movements.

I was wondering if this was normal and if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me. Thanks!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I suggest going here and scheduling an appointment to have it checked out. They will hopefully replace it.

3. macbook yes macrumors 6502

That might be a feature.

Mine will work if I start my finger above and then drag it down to the bottom it will work at the very bottom side to side, but if I place my finger straight at the bottom and drag it to the side it doesn't move. I'm kinda glad because i end up bumping that area with my other fingers sometimes.