Unibody Macbook Trackpad Skin/Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joelwalker71, Dec 26, 2008.

1. joelwalker71 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have been looking for a trackpad skin for the unibody macbook. i have had it since October and just started the notice a slight oil spot in the light, does anyone know where I can find a Skin for it?
    I'm in the UK, so it might be more difficult.

Thanks alot,
    Joel

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Hi Joel

Its incredibly hard to find skins and accessories that most people refer to on these boards as 90% of them are made and retail in the US - I can hardly think of any companies that make 'cool' accessories for the Mac in the UK - Belkin (ermmm, not sure if they are actually cool).

However, that does not mean you can not order from international retailers. Zagg (Invisible Shield) is a company well known for their skins - check them out at www.zagg.com. BodyGuardz is another one - I haven't had any experience with them so I can't comment on their quality.

If I were in your position, I would check multiple review (both written and video reviews on YouTube) and then make your mind up.

Hope that helps.

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Samurai, what's that desktop picture you have on your screen in the Otterbox unboxing video on your YouTube page? I love it! The classic Apple logo colours are too cool!

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

PM me your e-mail addy and ill pass it on - its in .zip format and there 5/6 different versions of the wallpaper you seen

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Read much? :)

OP: You want a skin for your trackpad? Just the trackpad? If you spend a few bucks you can go to bestskinsever.com and get the palm rest pack, which comes with a track pad cover. I don't use one myself because I believe it hinders performance, but more power to you.

6. joelwalker71 thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers for all your help i really appreciate it