Unibody MBP 15" 2.53 Sound?!?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacbookWoo, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MacbookWoo macrumors member

Okay I just want to let it be known that I am very very happy with this computer in every phase EXCEPT the loudness of the sound, Whats the deal with this does anyone know? I was really expecting the speakers to be loud, I understand its not going to have any bass and I also understand its a laptop, Just curious what other people that have the new model think about the sound on the mbp???

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

I think it's pretty good for a laptop.:) You can't really expect them to be that loud; any louder when it's on your lap really isn't comfy for your lap or ears... I just hook them up to external speakers when I'm at my desk.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

How loud you want it? If your using iTunes, go into equalizer box under window menu. Click on box that allows you to pump up your preamp and adjust equalizer accordingly. Bam, loudness more than enough from a laptop.

Just don't go too loud for too long and blowout a speaker. It shouldn't happen but in theory could. I've had mine set at about +10 on all computers and never had issue.

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

Sorry for the slight thread jack. I just bought a 2.53GHz 15" model and I am very happy too, EXCEPT for the bad connection on the sound output jack! It is very sensitive, feels like the plug doesn't get a good connection, with pops, crackles and noise with even a little touch on the plug or wire. Considering the extremely fine fit and finish everywhere else, this is ridiculously bad engineering.:eek:
    Is this just my machine or is it a common glitch? I will not be using this machine normally for iTunes, regulating my G5 to that task, so I don't want to call Apple on this "minor" point. But it is not Apple-like, at all.
    At least there are no dead pickels and the Toshiba (5400) 250HD is really quite stable, with no beachballs (firmware is the 3GB version).
    So in all, :)