Unibody MBP 15", retarded screen hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olafg, Jan 14, 2009.

1. olafg macrumors newbie

So. I discovered something very very strange with my 28 day old 15" mbp. This just started happening right now.

When I open the screen I hear this funny sound, after some investigation I found out that the hinge is dented or soething
    so that the screen is scraping against the body on it's way up. I can clearly see that the aluminum on the body has suffered from this. It is cleary deformed and scratched.

Thing is, I can not understand hwo this has happened, I have treated this Mac as if it was my baby. Always carried it in a bag, never dropped it, never put pressure on it. This just suddenly happened.

Is this a warranty-related case so that I can get mine exchanged? Or do I have to live with it or pay for the fixing, which would probably mean that I have to change the screen and the body, which is actually not worth it atm.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It sounds like a defect to me. I would take a trip to the apple store (after backing up your computer) and see if they will swap it out. It can't hurt to try. :)

3. olafg thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems like the sound and scraping suddenly dissappeared. Not scraping anymore.

Imo, this is worse. The hinges shouldn't randomly change state in a way that can cause my laptop structural damages.