Unibody MBP 17" out now

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by G.T., Jan 6, 2009.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

Now who wishs they could afford this, I know I do. My Unibody MBP 15" is amazing but I would love up to 8 hours battery life.

What about you's then. Would you sell your soul, to Steve?

2. akbc macrumors 6502

Hmm.. my soul, eh?

Anyways, I just hope a 3rd party or Apple could bring such wonderful battery technology into the Unibody's... I'll pay THAT premium instead of going through troubles of getting rid of my MBPro and paying $2800 for that thing.. (More like $3000 in Canada for me :()

3. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Looks great, but $2800 is way too expensive for a notebook in my eyes. I'd rather build a more powerful windows desktop for half the price.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

it wouldnt be more powerful, but yes for the same specs it could be half or even quater the price.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

The only thing I like on it is the "anti-glare" option. It'll cost $50 more but you get less glass and a silver bezel so, IMO, that is exactly what a Macbook Pro should look like.

[​IMG]

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

This image demonstrates what Apple SHOULD have done with the design of all of the current laptops. That silver bezel is so much nicer looking than the ugly black one, and then all they'd need is a silver keyboard and we'd be set.

7. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

It would have been truly awesome if they could have finagled a quad core CPU in there...

8. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

upto 8gb of ram and 320gb standard drive thats pretty nice.

though i couldnt justify 2800$ for it right now.
    id have to sell off my MacPro for that but then id have useless display iunless i forge down 100$ for that dvi-minidp ugh

hopefully some prices will drop for the refubed MBP17" those are still nice quick machines.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

:rolleyes: Which would do you a whole lot of good if you need a notebook. These machines aren't aimed at consumers, they're aimed at professionals who need mobility. Those kind of people can justify the costs involved...

Nice machine, but the RAM and HD are not user-upgradable. And Apple charges $1200 to upgrade the RAM. :eek: