Unibody MBP Airport issues!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mina3088, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Mina3088 macrumors newbie

Is anybody else experiencing allllllot of airport issues?! I have this thing side by side with 3 other laptops all of which experience no problems!whats going on with this?!

2. zebbz macrumors member

mine seems to be perfect, if anything it's better than my previous laptop which was a thinkpad

3. Chris320 Guest

Yes, I'm having issues with mine too. The data rate seems to fluctuate between 6 and 130 in the Airport Utility monitor. All my other laptops (PC) and desktops (Mini) are connecting just fine. I called Apple support a couple weeks ago but they said they weren't aware of any issues. I'm going to call them again.

4. Chris320 Guest

Ok, I called support and they had me change my base station channel from "automatic" to 3 and that worked. I was getting 20% packet loss and now none! I still don't understand why my other computers connected without a problem. Maybe because the new MBP uses 802.11n. I hope this helps.

5. Mina3088 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks man but most of my problems with the network dont occur on my own network at home...they usually occur on any other network...

6. wscjack macrumors newbie

i was having the same issue but fixed just now,

mine was working fine since it arrived till today morning,
    may be it's because i went to my fd home last night and use his wireless network.

the problem of mine is downloading very slow even i just copying a file from the other computer in my network.

first of all i guess that may be the signal problem, so i tried to move close to the router, but it was just the same. and then i reset the pram but it's just the same.
    after that i installed xp to find out is that mac os problem but it's the same as well.

finally i found that peoples have the same issue in apple forum,
    one of them said changing the channel in the router will work,
    and i just try it, it works fine in both macos and xp now.

so this must be airport firmware problem, hope apple will fix it soon,
    may be a few months:rolleyes:

7. nuncupatory macrumors member

8. Mina3088 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys i had this airport issue with my mbp and a couple other minor issues and i just didn't feel right not having a flawless laptop after paying $2000+ so i went into the store and had them swap it out, not very many questions and really good service. I've been on the new one for about an hour and it has been pretty solid so far. if this issue is really bothering anyone i advise going to the store with it, i feel muchhhhh better now!

9. anschris macrumors newbie

Same problem! 2009 MBP 17"

I have been having this problem, mostly at home, but everywhere really. The wireless suddenly just drops out! I have two possible wireless access points: one is a Verizon FiOS router and the other is an Apple Extreme Basestation. Each one has a different SSID and each is on a different channel. I've tried changing channels on them both but the issue still remains.

Every so often, the stupid wireless will drop. I try to reconnect to either and most of the time it doesn't work. So I have to reboot my computer completely in order to get a connection.

It's driving me nuts!

Any ideas?

Andrew