Unibody MBP battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sn0warmy, Apr 12, 2009.

1. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I ran coconut battery on my few week old Unibody MBP. I'm not familiar with the program or with laptop batteries in general but look at the Original battery capacity compared to the Current battery capacity. It seems like a huge drop for a laptop that I have only had for a couple weeks, and used once every couple days.

[​IMG]

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks for any input!

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

1) I assume you calibrated the battery like Apple tell you to do when you first bought the computer.

2) I assume you calibrate the battery at least once a month as Apple tell you to do

3) Since you haven't calibrated it, go and do that, then you'll see your battery capacity return to its original. Its basically a software error with the sensor that reads the battery, and it needs to be calibrated.
    Instructions on battery calibration are in the Manual that came with your computer, or can be found here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Enjoy.

3. sn0warmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

4. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

2% is nothing, when you start getting losses of 40-50% of original capacity then the battery is going bad.

5. iphonematt Guest

Looking at that, you battery is perfectly fine. Mine was at 98% brand new and has never been above that. Batteries will fluctuate so it will go up and down a little from time to time. You never really know.