Unibody MBP Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SnowSpyder86, Dec 31, 2008.

1. SnowSpyder86 macrumors newbie

So, i got a new MBP 2.4 15" about a month ago. So far, i really like it, other than my battery life.

It seems to take for ever to charge to 100%, and it seems to take a couple hours to deplete the battery life. Ive already gone through the calibration, and Apple sent me a new battery a couple weeks ago, but i still think im not getting the kind of battery life i should be.

Mainly, i just browse the web, and i dont usually have my screen brightness up very much at all.

It just seems like it charges way slower and depletes way faster than my 2.2ghz 13" Poly macbook.:confused:

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

I have the 2.53 Ghz model with 320 GB 7200 RPM HDD, and I get around 4 to 5 hours of battery life just doing wireless surfing, reading PDFs, and watching some videos on the HDD. As for charging, it doesn't feel like it's taking "forever" to charge to 100%.

Did you get the firmware update that came out two weeks ago? That update was supposed to fix battery charging/recognizing problems.

3. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

I've done the firmware update and my battery life is also somewhat disappointing. All I do is browse the internet and it is around 2 hours...

Screen brightness is turned down and only Firefox is open...

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's best to take it to an Apple Store and have them look at it. There may be an internal problem that's causing the battery life of your MBP.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You are using the battery saving settings with the less powerful of your two graphics cards arnt you when your running the laptop off battery, this is the main thing that affects your battery life. Using the more powerful graphics card on normal power settings your battery life will be about 2 hours, however using the less powerful graphics card on battery settings the life will be about 4 hours :)

6. RealEvil macrumors 6502

Mine was terrible too - about 2 hours. But now I have calibrated the battery several times its better, though still no more than 4 hours. Its worse than my old MBP but ah well, its now only slightly worse.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490