Unibody MBP for early 2008 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acrafton, Feb 12, 2009.

1. acrafton macrumors 6502

So. . .was set to sell my 2.4 MBP from early 2008 (santa rosa) and pick up a new MBP. . .given the sale and deal on the new one it would be $400 out of pocket for the new machine. However, as I started looking around, etc. .seems there may not be a real good reason to spend an extra $400 bucks. . .

I use my machine 8-10 hours a day for work and play, few hours a day of pretty heavy VMWare usage (demoing/coding some intensive db apps), ILife, Photoshop Elements, a little gaming and a lot of airplane travel.

Any thoughts here?

2. P90Xfit macrumors regular

I like the 08, but to me the "glossy" screen was the thing for me. I thought I would hate the keyboard and trackpad, but I was WRONG. I love the keyborad and track pad. Another thing, Don't hold me to this, but I read once OS X SL comes out, you could run the two GPU in SLI. Not 100% sure about that, you will have to read up on that.

On top of all that, the black around the screen is cool. :D

for $400 is a lot of dough though so, comes down to if you have the money.

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

If it ain't broke, you're not tryin. (bonus points if you know)

I upgraded from the Santa Rosa 2.4 to the 2.53 15in ready-made configuration. In all honesty, its not a significant performance difference unless you're doing 3d rendering or intensive gaming, and even then its negligible. Sure it gets like a 600 on the 3dmark, but what does that really mean real world?

If you're comfortable with what you have, stick with it.