Unibody MBP laggy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by war eagle, Dec 6, 2008.

1. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I don't know what it is but I experience lots of slow downs. I haven't started doing anything on the MBP just web browsing and iChatting. But it can be so laggy I dont understand. I had a Blackbook, WhiteBook and never had any of these slow down problems.

What should I do? It's usually when I run Safari and Firefox.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Elaborate a bit more. What sort of slowdowns? What happens? Beachball or just sluggish?

3. war eagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea sluggish. Like somtimes it will just freeze for a few seconds, cant force quit anything or nothing. Dock doesn't work and it will come back.

4. mash macrumors newbie

mine too. beachballs, dock problems and general unresponsiveness......its driving me loopy. also programs crash more than ever before. my old mbp's were so much more reliable. have upgraded my hd to a 500gb tho....

5. TraustiB macrumors member

I'd take a wild guess and say the Hard drive is giving you grief. Experienced similar problems a few days before my MBP HDD failed.

6. naid macrumors regular

Put the old hard drive in and see if the problem is still there? I'm afraid a trip to the Apple store won't be of much use, unless the problem is easy to replicate.