Unibody MBP restore disc and app disc ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LevMac, Oct 28, 2008.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know, if I was to do a restore of the OS using the restore disc, at what stage will I have to install the Applications disc ? The reason im asking is because after the restore disc completes, you have to register the product, and im going to sell it, so I want the new owner to have the Applications and the operating system completely pre-installed as you do when you buy it brand new.

So what im trying to get at is, without having to log in and register the MBP then after it boots into the operating system, is there a way to install the Applications prior to this step ?

2. Bravecat macrumors newbie

The applications disc is entirely optional, you do not get asked for it during initial install.

Registering the apps is manual/choose when you want to do it.

Good luck!

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Everything you need is in the box, there should be two DVD's.

Disc 1 is your MaxOS, drivers, fonts and languages
    Disc 2 contains all the Applications, though you can select what you want and don't want via the install window.

Everything has options. If you've messed totalled the system but wish to retain your personal stuff,
    choose the 'archive and install' option though this doesn't mean you shouldn't back up your data, you should backup personal stuff regardless.

If you zero the drive's data, then format and install both disk one and two completely. Once it's completed, do not reboot into the system
    (at this stage) the entire machine should look very close to the original setup, when you first purchased it.

4. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks for the reply back guys :)

So if I just install the Operating system disc will it still install iLife on there ?
    Or do I need to install the Applications disc as well ?
    I just don't want to go further past the registration/welcome phase as its being sold to someone.....

5. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

After I put the operating system in, I select "format and install" option and let Leopard install, now once this completes, before the Leopard intro music starts playing, is there any way I can put the Applications disc in and install the iLife applications ?

Or is this only possible after the Leopard intro music and registration ?

Thanks