Unibody MBP Screen Freeze, screen height cluster, keyboard control

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by itsybitsyspidy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. itsybitsyspidy macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just got my new macbook pro last week, been having some problems ever since i changed my ram to Kingston 1066MHz DDR3, supposedly to be compatible with the MBP.

I have experienced horizontal lines of flickering and freeze of my entire system, which requires me to do a hard reset. I have recorded a video of it here.

I have also experienced similar type of freeze, but the screen pixels just cluster together at the top 20% of the screen, much like this.

I have ALSO experienced my keyboard totally not responding when i try to recover from a password saved screensaver!! The mouse is working fine, but the system just can't detect any keystroke input, forcing me to shutdown forcefully again!

I don't have time to send in my MBP as i need to work on it, and cannot do without a machine, any ideas how to resolve this?

May i also know which rams are compatible with Mac?

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. itsybitsyspidy thread starter macrumors newbie

i only had the default ram for 1 day before i switched. with the default ram i had the keyboard freezing problem.

4. hoangvu macrumors newbie

i also have the same problem. i hear that what you need to do is switch one of the 2gb sticks with the original one. something about non apple ram doesnt have the memory management needed.

5. itsybitsyspidy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm but this way i can only get 3GB... what brands work with no problems with the mbp?