Unibody MBP size?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptainCaveMann, Oct 31, 2008.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Is the new Uni Body MBP to big? Are you guys all happy with the size of it? What did you have before the new MBP?

2. isaki87 macrumors regular

I personally feel that the new unibody is too big, it feels like I am carrying around a 17" MBP. Prior to the unibody MBP, I had the 2.16 C2D... great computer, but a little too wide for me. Although, its only wider by an inch or so, but it makes a difference. I also don't like how sharp the edges feel when you're typing.

3. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I've had mine for about 10 days, and I'm perfectly happy with the size.

If anything, I should be the one complaining. I went from a 12.1" ultra-portable to this 15.4" widescreen desktop replacement (don't worry, I had good reasons to switch).

Anyway, the MBP looks razor thin and is still the lightest notebook in its class. Personally, I appreciate the extra screen real estate because it allows me to comfortably view various open windows/programs. If you can justify the need for (1) the power, and (2) the screen size, then you won't be disappointed. Like any computer, it will take a little getting used to, but you'll be fine.

Oh, and concerning the sharp edges, I don't find them to be bothersome at all. I was a little worried about them myself, but if your chair is at the appropriate height, it's a non-issue.

My defective HD on the other hand...

4. Nate025 macrumors regular

Oh God no. I've been toting around a 17" Toshiba Satellite for the last two years and it feels like I dropped twenty pounds switching to this laptop!

I love the size, feel, and shape of the Macbook Pro. The screen is way bigger than I expected coming off a 17". It's super thin, light, and really portable for me. I fly every so often for work and lugging around a heavy laptop bag, suitcases, and my instruments is tough so the more help I can get, the better.

Long story short, I'm happy. :)