Unibody MBP Slanted Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kezman, Jan 26, 2009.

1. kezman macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just got a new MBP today... and its pretty sweet. Almost perfect, although I've noticed that the trackpad is slightly more recessed into into the body on the right side than on the left - its hardly noticeable, but you can definitely feel that its not quite level with the rest of the body. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, im considering phoning applecare as i can see it driving me nuts when right clicking... saying that I do feel like im being a little pedantic. meh.

2. johata3 macrumors regular

I've noticed that too. I've got my unibody MBP during the Christmas Holidays and I haven't noticed til recently. Doesn't effect the clicking that much but it feels uneven. Do you think AppleCare or the Genius Bar will handle and fix this small problem? :confused:

3. lordthistle macrumors 6502

You are speking about few millimiters of unevenness????? This trackpad is stiff, noisy, what else? But the problem is 1mm.
    Come on...

4. iaymnu macrumors 6502

It is the same on my Macbook 2.4 and Macbook Pro 2.5.
    It was the same with all the Macbook/pro @ my apple store in NYC also.
    Probably the same with all Macbooks/Pros. It is no biggie to me.

5. THEinORY macrumors newbie

THEinORY

I would ask myself:
    • Is this defect visually distracting or "ugly" in the overall view of the component or computer as a whole?
      -If yes, then complain. If not, who the hell cares about it if you have to look for the defect to find it. Cry when it jumps out at you. (This is speculation, I myself have not seen the defect)
    • Does the defect prevent click or trackpad functionality?
      -If yes, then Apple better fix it. If not, -shrug-

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Mine's like that too.

You can feel the difference by running your finger down the left/right edges of the trackpad.