Unibody MBP trackpad film?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applepeel, Nov 28, 2008.

1. applepeel macrumors newbie

Hi, all. Can someone point me in the direction of a simple, transparent trackpad film for the unibody MacBook Pro, if such a thing exists yet? My own searches haven't turned up much.

PowerSupport USA makes an absolutely wonderful trackpad film for previous generation MacBook Pros, but as of yet offers no solutions for the newer models (and has not responded to inquiries regarding when such a product might be available).

I understand that Zagg provides InvisibleShield trackpad protection, but I'm not interested in purchasing a full-body InvisibleShield package just to get the trackpad protection.

Thanks for your help!

2. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

the trackpad is glass, why would u need a film for it?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's the first thing I looked for and couldn't find after I purchased the computer. Looks like I'll just have to keep exchanging the computer every 2 weeks.

5. DYER macrumors 6502

i boght some screen protection film for one of my old displays (it was being lugged about when i did event photography and i had to cut it to shape... i just found some i had left cut it to size (took about 45 mins) and then stuck it on... works a treat but you need a steady hand

6. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

To try to dull the impact when something impacts upon it. Even a thin film would make it somewhat more resistant to shattering. If you don't believe what I am saying try bang two glasses together with a plastic film on them. Then try bang glass on glass. I am tired but i think people get the point unprotected glass shatters easier.

7. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Oh ok, gotcha. I dont really see how it would shatter when ur just using your fingers, but ok.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The bodyguardz film is great. You can buy the wrist rest and trackpad set together. The feel is great, its not tacky at all like some of the other other skins.

9. tiartrop macrumors regular

I bought a cheap plastic film from ebay that's actually for macbook air, but I found out they have the same dimension so it fits perfectly... of course since macbook air doesn't have the glasspad I basically put the two films together and the gap between them created this line that basically destroyed the coolness of the glasspad. I guess wait around for a while, they should be popping up soon enough.

Accident happens. Try to look around in the forum, I think someone cracked his trackpad some weeks ago.