unibody palm rest flex? O_o

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iAppleONE, Feb 14, 2009.

1. iAppleONE macrumors member

I got my AluMacbook for 3 months now..just realized a little flex around the palm rest area when I type. Anyone notice this too? Is this even possible for the unibody :eek:?

2. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

Mine does not flex when I rest my palms to type. How hard do you press? I wonder if it's one of those things where your MB is different from everyone else's or if it's that you press harder. I would be curious to find out.

3. amrk47 macrumors regular

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I wonder sometimes why people respond to topics without reading..

But anyways, can you post a picture?

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

does not flex. Plus, its a pretty thick piece of aluminum for the palm rests. How hard are you pressing on it?

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Why can't they get it checked out after 3 months? Taking it back may be a bit extreme, but it might be worth getting a service tech to look at it.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Taking it back and getting it checked out mean two different things... But yes, the OP should definitely go and get it checked out.

8. iAppleONE thread starter macrumors member

It feels kinda soft near the middle where most of the aluminum is carved out and also the hinge of the trackpad sometimes makes a 'crack' sound when I type.

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

My first MacBook did about the same thing... Every time i laid my hands on the rest it would click (not from the battery door but because it was hitting the HDD) and they replaced it for me (had a couple of other issues as well).
    So you need to take it in and have them look at it, because it might have other issues as well.. Good luck.

10. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Yeah, something is wrong. If I really push down with my index finger I can almost sort of feel it flex but I can't see it (probably just my finger compressing). I quite often pick the whole machine up by the corner and there's no give in this box.

11. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

You either had to melt your laptop or be hitting it with a hammer! :rolleyes:
    I just tried pressing my unibody MBP everywhere I could, and its all hard as rock :D

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Just because yours is fine doesn't necessarily mean that the OP's is fine as well... what kind of reasoning is that?