unibody pro dent!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevey69, Oct 14, 2009.

1. stevey69 macrumors regular

okay so i dented my pro, and im 8 months into my standard warranty. i was wondering, does that mean i cant get applecare? or even if i do , it wont matter since my pro is dented. please help.

steve

Attached Files:

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It doesn't look too bad, I'm sure they would just class that as cosmetic damage.

The problems usually arise when the case is distorted which can damage the logic board and other internal components.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While that is a bummer man :( that is really more of a chipped case then a dent. Either way its quite easy to see that its a cosmetic issue that has no impact on your warranty.

4. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

No way, you damaged it.
    It's a cosmetic damage, thus not covered.

5. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

He didn't suggest that they should cover the damage. :rolleyes:

6. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I've got a few of those on my 13in MB after a year of heavy use. After the first one, they stop mattering quite so much. Call them battlescars.

It looks like more of a 'chip' than a dent - I don't think you'll have a problem getting applecare.

7. stevey69 thread starter macrumors regular

i dont want apple to cover my damages. i dont hold them liable, but if i do buy applecare , i dont want the genius to be like yeah your pro is dented so your applecare is void. it would merely be a waste of 349$. do you think its best if i call appple up ?? or just go ahead and buy the applecare and hope everything will be good.thanks

steve

thanks for the quick replies. i appreciate that

8. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

You should be fine getting AppleCare. I wouldn't call that little bugger a "dent" it's too small; more like a nick. It would be passed off as mere cosmetic wear, not a detrimental problem.

9. findwaldonow macrumors member

Mine's got some imperfections

I actually dropped my 15 incher that I just got on refurb this summer. It was from a low height but it put a little bit of a warp in the Ethernet port. I literally bent it ever so slightly back with a plyers and you'd never know it happened looking at it, otherwise I'd post a pic. I also have a small scratch on the bottom of the case from something on a table I'm sure and a nick similar to the OP's but on the case rather than the screen and I'll still re-up applecare later. Honestly If you're going to carry these things around with you especially stuff is going to happen. They're pretty tough and I was distraught for a bit after each of these blemishes but these are the things that make it yours. I don't even imagine what it'll look like when I upgrade in 3 or 4 years but I don't buy into selling after every single revision so it doesn't bother me if the thing has some personality.