Unibody Pro Owners with SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cogmission, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cogmission macrumors newbie

If anyone out there has received their new Macbook Pro with a solid state drive, could you please post the manufacturer of the ssd?

Thanks mucho

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

There is a few posts with people saying they have the SSD. Instead of posting a new thread why not go into one of their thread and ask the question? Just an idea...

3. cogmission thread starter macrumors newbie

*Exhales*

That was my first attempt... I don't know why it is so hard for owners of the SSD model to open their rear compartments and simply look at the drive and report what's printed on it?? My God!

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I do agree its taking far to long to find out what make it is!

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

There have been some people who posted pictures. The SSD has an Apple label on it. You can't determine the manufacturer from it and it doesn't show in the system profile. You guys act like someone is holding out on you. Nobody is posting because nobody has an answer.

6. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

@ bcaslis

I dont want someone to ring me and personally just tell me! But someone must know what make it is...

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Here's one post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=6451138&postcount=31

What's so hard to understand? It says Apple, nobody knows anything more yet. It's not like someone can just open the cover and look, that only says Apple on it also.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Read all of these, and i understand that there is a label over it so you cant just read what make it is, im not an idiot! Personally i couldnt give a flying sh*t what make it is, but someone yes someone knows what make it is... maybe not on macrumors, but someone does!

9. mac jones macrumors 68040

by deduction it's a Samsung MLC

Almost certain (almost) :D