unibody questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wildwill, Mar 14, 2009.

1. wildwill macrumors newbie

Hi All

So i have had the old style 17 MBP for around a year now and i am set to upgrade to the unibody version in a couple of weeks. I am looking to get the 2.9 with the 320gig 7500RPM drive and was wondering if the ne uniboady still had the following "FEATURES":

1: when sat on my lap, does the bottom side get mega hot and the fan start, even if i have no apps doing anything.

2: does the screen hinge still not support the weight of the screen and somtimes tries to trap my fingers when angled.

Ww

2. James Cole macrumors 6502

Yep I had a classic 17 like you... those 2 problems were quite annoying but the good news is... They are not ''standard features'' anymore lol, the new 17'' does not get hot at all and the screen is very firm...

3. wildwill thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi james

Thanks for the reply.

I took a trip to the local(100miles away) apple store yesterday and sure enuff, these are no longer standard features :) So i came home and ordered up my new custom unit! YIPEE!!!!

Ww

4. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

If you're worried about heat get the 2.66 and an SSD. As for the screen, I used tape on my old Dell when the hinge wouldn't hold anymore (like the actual hinge broke off :p).