Unibody - Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigdb11, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bigdb11 macrumors regular

Every so often I notice that on my unibody MBP there seems to be only what I can describe as a power line that flashes in the middle of the screen for a second and then disappears. It does not happen every time I use my computer. I am not sure what is causing it since I can't replicate it and it seems to occur randomly.

The other day I was watching a YouTube video and all of the sudden the screen went black and had a line or two of scrambled pixels at the top. I restarted and everything was fine.

Since then I haven't noticed either problem, but I am concerned that there could be a problem with the graphics card or some other piece of hardware. Should I be concerned about this? Should I take the comp to an apple store or just monitor the problem for now?

2. bigdb11 thread starter macrumors regular

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You should take it to an Apple Store immediately as its a graphics card failure, they will probably replace the graphics card and logic board for you, however you should backup all your data first because they have been known to replace the whole machine. The problem wont fix itself, its quite common on your model of laptop.

4. bigdb11 thread starter macrumors regular

If it doesn't happen all the time is it definitely a graphics card failure?