Unibody Speaker Finish Defect

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjunkie33, Feb 3, 2009.

1. macjunkie33 macrumors member

Ive had my unibody MBP for 2 weeks and im gradually beginning to notice some cosmetic flaws with my notebook. If im looking at the speakers at a certain angle in light are noticably "dusty" looking and the hinge when the notebook is closed is crooked.

I was wondering if Apple would offer me a new model right there at the store if I show them the blemishes on the speaker grill?

Maybe im being overly picky and anal about this defect but for the 3000 dollars I forked over, I help but wish it was 100% flawless in all aspects.

What would you do???

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Picts? The hinge sounds like a much more important detail than "dusty" speakers?

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

As long as its less than 14 days old. More than 14, unless its broken, no.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

The odd looking speakers are common, mine do the same thing. No biggie.

The hinge seems like an issue you might wanna have looked at though.

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I have the same issue with the speaker holes. It can only be seen at a certain angle under the right lighting. It's purely cosmetic. I see no reason to replace and run the risk of getting a machine with worse problems. Your hinge issue might be worth taking look at unless you can live with it. If you return, it could backfire and the next machine might have a dead pixel or worse.

6. macjunkie33 thread starter macrumors member

Hinge

The new hinge design is just something I have to get used to I think, im still used to my old G4 that had a metal hinge and this one is plastic and sometimes gives with pressure slightly and looks crooked, it doesnt effect the motion of the screen just feels cheap when carrying it around.

I am really happy with my machine overall. I just need to stop worrying about all the little stuff. I don't want to sound like one of those people who complains about every little blemish...

I appreciate the timely responses...