Unibody Speck Hard Case AND Incase Soft Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mlmorg, Jul 18, 2009.

1. mlmorg macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a unibody 15" macbook pro. I currently have an incase soft sleeve but I would also like to get a speck hard case. Will the computer, covered by the speck hard case, still fit into the incase sleeve? Has anyone done this?

Tried to go to the apple store to check but they wouldn't let me try out the speck hard case and seeing if it fit before I bought it...

Thanks for any help.

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

I think it'll fit fine. Those incase sleeves aren't super snug, might be a bit of a stretch, but it should be okay.

3. Porsche1209 macrumors newbie

Porsche1209

4. mlmorg thread starter macrumors member

thanks a bunch for the video -- that's exactly what I was looking for.

5. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I would stay away from the Speck Hardcase. I bought one in January, and had to return them in February because I was already on the 3rd set. Each set would only last about a week before the left top clip would break off. One was warped to begin with and wouldn't fit. Very poor quality product for $50.

6. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

@ryannazaretian - What are you using now? Was it the original Speck case or the Satin, I'd heard they'd improved a number of things with the Satin version. Have you tried the InCase hard case?

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have tried both, I question whether I wait for Incase to release their new Hard Shell, I use the Speck and wait or I go naked? The Specks have never improved in quality, there have been worse models over the course of the history but the baseline has never actually gotten over a certain point.

8. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I tried using the clear Speck Hardshell. Their customer service was good up until the point I said "I want my money back after three replacements failed in a month." Then they got rude and made me pay for shipping back. Not very good CS in my mind if their product fails 3 times, and they make you pay to send it back for a refund. I mean, what else am I supposed to do? Get a new set every week for a year? After that year is done, I am out $50. To say the least, the case doesn't do much. It protects your laptop from scratches. It also adds weight and bulk to the already well designed machine. For me, I'd still say steer clear of Speck for laptop cases.

9. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

guys anyone know where to get those speck satin cases for 15" pro in the UK? or any site that sells them in the UK?

Iv tried looking for ages now and can only find american sellers

10. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

11. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

You're welcome... Let us know if you get one... I'll probably be getting the same thing in a week or two, so would love to know what you think about it.