Unibody Trackpad Dead-Zone Hack?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Would be nice to have a 3rd party utility that provides dead-zone on the trackpad. As cool as the trackpad is, I find that resting my thumb (where the clicker used to be) can cause the cursor to move on rare occasions.

I see Apple has provided some sort of recognition for this, if you are moving the cursor with your finger and your thumb is down, moving your thumb doesn't cause the cursor to move, however if your cursor finger comes off the trackpad just a little bit when you click with your thumb, the cursor moves.

Ideally, I'd rather just have the bottom of the trackpad a dead-zone to prevent this from happening.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I used to rest my thumb too. After a few days you get used it and you don't rest your thumb anymore.

However click & drag & drop is still kind of weird, especially going from bottom to top.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Yeah but Apple did originally design their laptops so your thumb would rest on the button. Also, it is a huge annoyance to right-click. Amount of times I've right clicked and the cursor has shot off.

Some dead zone would be nice! I don't fancy sticking duck-tape to the trackpad, but I might end up having to!