Unibody Trackpad Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by erceve, Oct 12, 2009.

1. erceve macrumors newbie

Hello, I would like to have some advice, since like 3 days, the trackpads normal click suddenly stopped working, so now i can't drag and drop or highlight a part of a text without using the keyboard, but thank god I enabled tap-to-click, since that's the only way to operate the macbook since then. I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong, it just suddenly stopped working so I would like to know what to do.

I live in Holland so there are no Apple store's near, should i be able to walk in any Retail Mac seller and expect them to help me when I find out it's a hardware failure and not a software flaw?

thanks in advance
    erceve

2. holden15 macrumors member

You can try restarting the computer. (if you haven't already)

Is the trackpad dirty? Try wiping it with a soft, slightly damp cloth.

If it still doesn't work, you can reset the System Management Controller. Here's how: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Try rebooting the computer, if that doesn't work clean the trackpad as best you can with a damp cloth:cool:

4. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

5. erceve thread starter macrumors newbie

thx for the replies, trackpad is clean, restarted the computer several times, and already did a reset the smc, is there something else i can do b4 i'm taking it in to get it fixed? becouse its pretty hard for me as a student to have no computer available!

6. holden15 macrumors member

Darn, that's really all I know that you can do before having to take it to an Apple Store. (or an authorized service provider)
    Here's a site that may help find a service provider: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1434

Good luck!

7. aisoku macrumors newbie

i've got the same problem, anyone managed to get it fixed?